Building a website is not a piece of cake, you have to be very vigilant while preparing a website. One major aspect is choosing the right Content Management System platform for it.
What is CMS?
CMS stands for Content Management system. It is a platform that helps you to create a website without getting into any deeper knowledge of the code. Unless you need a developer-friendly CMS which means you know how to code. It basically refers to creating, managing, and optimization of customer’s experience digitally. In more specific terms, CMS is a software application that helps in the collaboration of the users to create, edit, and produce digital content.
Key Features of the CMS System
- Management of the Content – You need to manage by editing, creating, designing, posting web content.
- Presenting the Content – Once you develop your content, you want it to suit with all the devices. You don’t want to create similar content for different devices. So, CMS helps you to create the application once and it automates the presentation in such a way that it suits all the devices.
- Integration of the Content – Content has to be connected with the API like CRM and ERP tools.
- Analytical Approach – Serving content is not the ultimate goal, we have to make sure people are reading it as well. This would help in upgrading your performance and optimizing your effort.
- Performance and Stability – It is very necessary to seek the performance of your content and see would it grow from the organization’s point of view.
If you want to choose the best Content Management System platform for your website, you need to keep certain things in mind
- Designing options: It should offer plenty of web design templates from which you can choose.
- Portability of data: It helps in easy movement of content from one place to another.
- Ease of usage: It is easy to edit and create content.
- Addons: You can install this additional software to fix the basic functionalities.
- Help and support options: These should be present if you find any difficulty or need support for anything.
- Cost-effective: Before choosing a CMS you need to see the pricing, then you can select what is best for you.
Let’s discuss some of the best and most popular content management system(CMS) platforms in 2020
WordPress is an open-source, self-hosted WordPress. You can either purchase a domain name or you can use a free subdomain using WordPress. It is a web software platform that helps in creating and managing websites, blogs, and applications for content marketers and professionals. Here a lot of people can publish their personal as well as professional blogs.
- It is easy to publish.
- It can upgrade automatically.
- Themes can be customized
- It is easily available on Google, Yahoo.
- It uses multiple tools
A free WordPress platform is available.
But you have to pay if you want to choose your own domain name ranging from $48/year to $540/year and many more.
Drupal is the content management software. It helps in the construction of day-to-day websites and has easy content authoring. This CMS has a strong security system and provides versatility in structuring the content. It is flexible and highly scalable.
- Highly scalable
- Helps in building of websites and web applications
- Helps in managing the content on the websites
- User management is easy
- Easy to add content
Drupal is available free of cost.
Joomla is another famous CMS platform. It is available in different templates and various extensions. Various web hosts offer its installation on a single click.
- It is good for creating something complicated.
- This can be used by both the developers as well as the people who are not aware of the coding.
- It is open-source software.
- You can use it for e-commerce as well.
It is free of cost, but you need to pay for the domain name and web hosting which supports Joomla. You might pay for certain extensions as well.
Related Read: How to Create a Website
4. Adobe Experience Manager
- It has personalized media
- The workflow has to be managed.
- The services which they offer have to be managed.
- It is responsible for delivering and managing activities that are responsive and social.
- This CMS connects with customers through online community experiences.
- It includes user groups, forums, resources that are valuable to the customers.
You will have to contact for the pricing.
Bigcommerce is an all-in-one platform. It hosts the site for you as well as provides a CMS platform for itself. It is secure and keeps back-ups in case of any damage.
- You can try it before you start this completely.
- It accepts payment through various platforms like Amazon Pay or through credit or debit cards.
- It provides a complete support system like live chats, emails, phones, etc.
- You can even use this platform with the CMS platform, making the best use of both of them.
It has a monthly payment option. It is not so cost-effective. The plan ranges from $29.95/month to $249.85/month.
WIX is one of the popular CMS platforms. It might have some limitations but it is one of the beginner-friendly ones. As already told it might be good for beginners but not good for an entrepreneur.
- It has a drag and drop interface which makes it easy to use.
- It offers pre-made templates.
- they are completely responsive which makes it user-friendly.
- You can even add lot of apps from WIX app market.
- It works similar to WordPress plugins to give them new features.
It is free of cost, but if you want more flexible plans they can start from $13 per month.
Ghost is a CMS platform that is specifically designed for bloggers. It doesn’t force the content to be delivered in a specific way.
The content or data which is produced can be shown on the website and can also be sent to mobile applications.
- You can use Markdown which is a formatting way when you are working in Ghost editor.
- The content editor of Ghost is similar to the block editor of WordPress.
- It has great SEO support.
The software is itself free but the payment is to be done for the domain name as well as web hosting.
According to the analysis, WordPress.com and WordPress.org are the best platforms for building the website. Almost 62.6% of the websites are powered by WordPress. On WordPress, you can run an eCommerce store, membership site, auction site, the marketplace, and many more.
But it would not be wrong to say which is well suited for all as “what people need and what they want may be different”.
So all the platforms have their own unique features, Escale Solutions is the reputed web development company in Gurgaon that is helping people with the right CMS platform according to their needs.
- 11 Reasons Why You Should Go for Website Redesign
- 10 Quick Ways to Increase Your Website’s Conversion Rate