We are living in an era of mobile phones, haven’t you given a thought to building a mobile website? If you haven’t, your competitors will take care of it. You might regret handing them your mobile visitors. If you are tech-savvy then the smartphone is something you just can’t live without. It has become your life companion.
Designing and building a site is easy but to make a website which works on both computers and mobile phones might be cumbersome. These days entrepreneurs know the importance of a mobile website and how much traffic it can get them.
If you are someone who is running your own business and you do not have a mobile website, you are not aware of how much money are you leaving on the table.
According to the statistics, 25% of smartphone users expect to access websites from their mobile devices once a day. As an online retailer, our main focus is to build a website that can attract up to 85% of user engagement.
Now the biggest question is why does your website need a mobile makeover?
Here are some reasons and basic guidelines to ensure your website’s mobile experience is designed to please and attract customers:
1. Simplicity Is the Key
Always remember that your mobile screen is much smaller than your computer and laptop screens, so you need to organize your website well. If you add too much information, it might create a mess on the mobile screen. You certainly don’t want that. Just ask yourself certain questions:
- What is the need of the user?
- Do you have a call to action?
- Are you providing a “buy now” option?
There are a few things you need to remember:
- Content is still the king of the website. Provide excessive information to the user.
- The landing page is like the first impression to a user, it should be concise and clear.
- The important features of the website should be across the entire website.
- You should provide a separate search bar for easy navigation if your site is on the complex side.
2. Ease of Scrolling
Imagine yourself in a situation where you have to “pinch and zoom” every time, I am sure you do not want such an experience. This might create a situation where you lose most of the customers due to the hassle this creates.
You can use checkable boxes and scrolling menu bars to make the data entry process easy. You would want the essential information to be visible so you can reduce the content on your page.
Always take into account that you are making a page where visitors will be using their fingers instead of mouse arrows.
3. Where Words Fail, An Image Speaks
Let the image do the talking for its content. Putting a catchy image is the best way to express a thousand feeling behind the image. If the users find the image attractive, they will be attracted to the website. In small screen space, an image is a great way, to sum up, the whole message.
Few things to remember:
- Choose an image to draw the user’s attention.
- You should never choose bold colors for your image or background.
- Content should be easily visible in the background.
- Keep a complementary color palette in mind, that can be complementary to the imagery you have selected.
4. Scaling Is the Need of the Hour
It would be a blunder if you have a beautiful website and it doesn’t scale to various mobile devices. There are more than 500 different screen sizes between iPhone, Android, Windows, Blackberry, and tablets.
Few things to remember while scaling:
- The page should scale to both landscape and portrait views.
- Try to make the website in HTML5 because it solves many issues of flash on mobile.
5. Make Easy Interface Actions
Always remember that your visitors are viewing your page on a smartphone and they have an ample number of easy action options.
Consumers usually search for easy connections within their comfort zone.
You need to consider certain things:
- Click to call
- Visit a URL
- Play a video
The main point is that advertisers and businesses must pay attention to the needs of the users because users would be expecting the website presence on all types of mobile devices. Creating a smartphone website may help you gain more returns and change the thinking way of the users. If your business does not have a strategy, you need to optimize for your mobile. You can stay tuned to our website for more updates regarding SEO, web designing, and application development. We at Escale solutions provide you with all the web and application development solutions. We are a leading application development company in Gurgaon.
Turn your website into a mobile website! Get a quote today! Hurry!
- Questions to Ask Before Hiring Mobile App Development Company
- Latest Trends in Mobile Application Development
Featured image source: Photo by Pixabay from Pexels